Tuesday, 27 May 2014

Tutorial Tuesday: Peacock Eyes

I'm back with another fun tutorial!

I'm warning you now, this isn't as wearable as my other tutorials.  That being said, this would look fantastic with an LBD and heels if you're going out with your girls to a club or something fun like that.

***I actually did this tutorial and wore the look to work.  I got so many compliments from customers!***

Regardless, I hope you enjoy!

Prepped and ready to go!
Alright, so to start I am prepping my lids with the Rimmel Undercover shadow primer. On top of that, I am adding a white pearlescent cream shadow, to make the colours show up brighter.


The first colour I'm taking all over the lid is a matte violet colour.  This is nice and vibrant, and creates a beautiful base.  Pack this onto the lid to build up the brightness, and then blend it out.  I found the Real Techniques base shadow brush worked best for this.


Next, take a an ultramarine blue shade across the outer 1/2 of the lid and blend it out and through the crease slightly.  If you need to touch up the violet, do so.  You want the colours to be blended seamlessly, but they need to show up on their own as well. I used a tapered blending brush for this step.


The final colour is a bright kelly green, and this goes on the very outer v of the lid, blended out towards the temple slightly.  I again used a tapered blending rush for this.  Take this colour slightly above the socket as well, just above the blue.


The next step is to do your liner, and I'm using the L'Oreal Lineur Intense in Carbon Black to create a wing on the top lashes and the Annabelle Smoothliner, also in black, along the waterline and to tightline.  Then using a pencil brush, take a little bit of the green from earlier along the lower lashline, and a small amount of pink on the very inner corners of the eyes.


Finally, add your favourite mascara to the top and bottom lashes, or add falsies if you prefer!  I used the L'Oreal Voluminous Original mascara for this.

I skipped doing the face aspect for this look because my skin is really bad right now.  However, my suggestion for this would be to use a simple foundation, don't contour or bronze, and add a little bit of highliter if anything (skip the blush).  For the lip, a light gloss or nude would look great! (Think muted, your lips but better shades).  The eyes are definitely the focus here!

I hope you enjoyed this, let me know in the comments if you'd wear this anywhere!
xoxo Laura

2 comments:

  1. These eyes look great on you, I wish I could wear this look x

    Pink Polka Dot & Popcorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Hopefully some of my other ones work for you, I know this isn't for everyone :)

      Delete