Wednesday, 21 May 2014

Tutorial Tuesday: Metallic Eyes

Hope you enjoy!


To start, I am priming my lid with the e.l.f. sheer eyelid primer.  I am following that up with the lightest matte cream shadow in the Revlon Not Just Nudes Creme Shadow Quad.


Next I'm taking the Revlon Colourstay Shadowlink in Metallic Gold and using a flat shading brush to pack this onto the lid.  I'm then using a Real Techniques Base Shadow brush to blend it out.  Make sure the shadow is all the way into the inner corners of the eyes.


I'm then taking the Rimmel Kohl Kajal in Silver underneath my lower waterline.  To blend this out, I'm taking the Revlon Colourstay Shadowlink in Metallic Silver and a Real Techniques Accent Brush to blend out and smudge the liner.


For liner, I'm tight lining the upper lashes using the Annabelle Smoothliner in Black, which I am also putting on the waterline.  Then I'm lining my lids with the Rimmel ScandalEyes Precision Micro Liner in black.  I'm doing a winged liner for this, I feel like it adds a little bit of drama and makes it a little more classy, as metallic eyeshadows can sometimes look trashy.  I then touched up the silver to extend to the tip of the wing.


The final step is to curl your lashes and follow up with two coats of your favourite mascara!

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.  I think this would look really nice for prom, especially for those wearing black dresses, or black with silver/gold metallic accents.

Let me know if you try this look, I would love to see it!

Until next time,
xoxo Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment