Tuesday, 13 May 2014

Tutorial Tuesday: Aqua Eyes and Fresh Skin

Woohoo, tutorial time again!  Must be Tuesday!

Recently I've been playing around a little bit more with colour, something I could definitely stand to do a little bit more! I wear a lot of black, white, and grey clothing and to keep it from being too boring I like to spice up the eye makeup.  Here's a pretty aqua look that I am loving, and an outfit idea to go with.

Enjoy!

**The first step is to prime your face.  I used my derma e moisturizer, you use whatever your favourite is.**  I'm also using a bit of the Hard Candy Perfecting primer.  I'm not a huge fan of this, but I do like to use a primer to even out my skin and make it look a bit more flawless, especially if I'm going for a bold eye.


I'm going to move straight on to eyes now, because the shadows I'm going to use tend to have quite a bit of fall down.  I'm actually using a piece of painter's tape to create a sharp edge for my eye makeup and make it easier to clean up later.


First, I'm taking the GOSH Eyeshadow Base and essentially colouring this onto the lid and blending it out a bit.  This is just to help the eyeshadow stay put and it adds a little bit more shimmer to the shadows.  Then I'm going to take a Real Techniques Base Shadow brush and put a light blue shimmer shade across the lid, blending it out afterwords.


Then I'm using the same brush to put a bright aqua shimmery colour in the outer half of the lid, blending it out and through the socket.  After this, just peel off the tape and you'll have a sharp line, which also helps make it easier to do your liner.


I'm using the Rimmel Scandal Eyes waterproof liquid liner in black to make a flick and then lining across the rest of the lashline, getting it as close as possible.  Then I'm using the Rimmel Kajal Kohl liner in nude on the bottom waterline.  Once you've got this done, you can move back to the skin.

"Can I just get one good photo please? Take 1067!"
First step is to take the Real Techniques Expert Face brush and buff in the L'Oreal True Match Super-blendable foundation until it is flawless.


Then I'm using the Maybelline Fit Me concealer under my eyes to cover up my dark circles, using my ring finger to blend it onto my cheeks and down my nose so it fits seamlessly into my foundation. I've also put this on a blemish on my forehead and around my nose where it gets red.


For blush, I'm using the Hard Candy baked blush in Honeymoon and the real Techniques Buffing brush to take this from the top of my cheekbone down to the mid-point of my cheeks, in line with my pupils.  In the picture you can see the subtle pink-y shimmer it gives, which is exactly what I am going for.  I chose not to contour in order to give more attention to the eyes (what you see in the picture is the shadow in the hollow of my cheek), but if you really want to contour feel free!  All I did after this was set my face makeup with the Revlon Nearly Naked powder and a fluffy powder brush.


The last step is mascara, and for this I first curled my lashes and then applied two coats of Lancome Hypnose Drama to the top and a coat of Covergirl's All-In-One mascara to the bottom (both in black).

For a final touch, apply a sheer gloss.  I have one by Bath & Body Works.  It sort of depends on what kind of look you prefer, so pick whichever shades you like and experiment to your taste!


And there you have it, the finished look! I am quite happy with how this turned out.  Below are three outfits I think this would look perfect with.


Hope you enjoyed, leave a comment below with suggestions for more tutorials, I love doing them!

I also want to hear how you think I could make them better, so please feel free to give suggestions for that as well!
xoxo Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment