Thursday, 29 May 2014

Skin Care Haul

Hello everyone!  Sorry that this isn't centered, Blogger won't let me for some reason!

I am back with yet another haul (my debit card hates me).  This time, I've bought some skin-care type items, and I thought I'd share them so that you can see what I like to use and what I am going to experiment with. If you would want me to do a skin care routine post, let me know in the comments.  I've never done one before, but I would if anyone is interested!

Anyways, without further ado let's hop right in!

Let's do the more exciting items first, shall we?


The purchase I am probably most excited about is the Elizabeth Arden 24 Hour Moisture Eye Cream.  First, I want to say how AMAZING the packaging is, I'm completely in love.  The white box with silver accents and a splash of colour with the red door drew me in immediately, but the robin's egg blue container made me fall in love.  I need a new eye cream ASAP as mine is running out, but I wanted something that would actually do something for my eyes.  Elizabeth Arden is a very famous brand, well-known for their quality, so I'm hoping this helps.  I need hydration around my eyes so badly, I have awful dark circles and I'm starting to even get fine lines!


My other exciting purchase was the Andalou Naturals Probiotic + C Renewal Cream.  I have seen this in my  hometown (I bought this at a Winner's though), and chose a different moisturizer instead because of price.  My mom uses a fruit mask by the same brand, and she loves it.  I have tried it and agree that it is amazing.  When I found this for only $11 at a Winner's, I decided I HAD to buy it and give it a try.  My moisturizer is running out, but it is also too heavy for warmer months, so I'm going to try this and see.  It smells like oranges, so I already like it!


Another product from the same brand I purchased is the All-In-One Beauty Balm.  This is a sheer tint with SPF 30, perfect for summer.  This is something I've wanted to purchase for ages, and when I saw it on sale for $15.99 I scooped it up!  This also smells like oranges, I'm guessing everything in the line does.


Now, one thing I bought from Shopper's Drugmart that is a total staple in my life are the Balea 3-in-1 cleansing wipes.  I love face wipes, mostly because I'm extremely lazy but know I should clean my face.  I've used a lot of different types, and I have to say that these are my favourite.  They do an amazing job, don't leave my skin dry or sticky, and don't have an offensive smell.  If I haven't used makeup or not very much of it, I use one of these and some moisturizer before bed and am good to go!  These can be a little on the expensive side, but I got these on sale.  The pack of 15 was $2.99, and sometimes you can get a box of them for around  $9.


Probably my most boring purchase were the Equate quilted cotton rounds, which I got on sale at Walmart for $2.  Again, these are a staple in my life.  I use cotton rounds to remove eye makeup, fix makeup mistakes, take of nail polish, and about a million other things!  These Equate rounds are the best ones I've ever used, including more expensive ones.  They don't disintegrate and don't leave white fluff on your nails/face.  Side note: does anyone else feel like cotton rounds are usually incredibly expensive?

Oh, I nearly forgot something!


Courtesy of Google Images
I also picked up this Dove Go Fresh cool moisture body wash in the cucumber and green tea scent.  This is the same scent as to deodorant I use, and I quite like the smell of those.  I have finally used up my lasy Bath & Body Works shower gel, and wanted something different.  I've noticed my skin is a little bit dyr, so I though I would try this one, since it promises to moisturize and nourish my skin.  We shall see! This was $4 on sale, it's usually around $5 I think.

So there it is, a little skin care haul for you!  Again, I'm sorry the text wouldn't center itself, hopefully it does in posts to come!

I have first impression posts of the Andalou products coming, subscribe to my blog, like me on Facebook, or follow me on Twitter (links in the sidebar) so that you don't miss them!

xoxo Laura
(why is this centering now?!?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment