Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Liebster Award

Hello there everyone!

I was nominated for a Leibster Award by Jana, which was super sweet of her, so here are the questions she asked! 


1. Can you describe yourself in three words?
If I had to, I think I'd say introverted, caring, and worrywart.  I'm pretty quiet, and like to spend time either alone or with someone but not necessarily interacting, just having that silent companionship.  I love my friend dearly, and I am the 'mother' in many situations.  I just want the best for everyone I love.  Along with that, I worry about my friends a lot, again, always wanting them to be safe, healthy, and happy.

2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Hopefully I'm somewhere in the UK, digging up archaeological sites or working in a museum.  I want to get out of Canada and do my Master's degree in either Ireland or Britain.

3. Why did you start blogging?
A few reasons.  The first was because I was, quite frankly, bored on my summer holiday.  I love to write, and I was inspired by Zoe Sugg and Tanya Burr to start a beauty blog.  So really full credit to them, or else I probably wouldn't have done this!

4. What are your favourite blogs?
Sadly, I don't read many blogs (so leave your URLs down in the comments!)  I obviously read Zoe's and Tanya's, but also Louise SprinkleOfGlitter and Niomi Smart.  The only 'real life' person whose blog I read consistently and don't have to read a thousand posts to catch up is Chelsey, who is my friend's sister and SUCH a lovely person.

5. Where do you like to shop for clothes and shoes?
I shop wherever fancies me that day, but one place I love to shop is Winner's.  There are so many brands and some really quality pieces.  What I like best is I can go there and find anything, from clothes to shoes to bags, even Real Techniques makeup brushes (my absolute favourites)!

6. What is inside your makeup bag? 
Currently, I have got the L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable foundation, the Maybelline Dream Matter powder, the Hard Candy Perfecting Primer, and the Hard Candy baked blush in Honeymoon for my face.

For eyes I have the Rimmel ScandalEyes Micro Precision Liner in black, the Annabelle smoothliner in black, the Rimmel Kohl Kajal in Nude, MAC All That Glitters, the e.l.f. eye primer, and the Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara. 

As for brushes, I've got the expert face brush, buffing brush, and base shadow brush from Real Techniques, and a blending brush from Iman (I bought this at Winner's, I had never heard of the brand but I like this brush so far!)

7. What are your favourite accessories? 
I'm a sucker for a nice bag and a pair of cute shoes.  I don't wear a lot of jewellery, just my Nana's wedding band and a diamante necklace my aunt gave me years and years ago.

I think my favourite accessory to wear is just a smile! *cheesy*

 8. Do you like bright or nude colours on nails? 
I don't really wear nail polish that much.  I guess when I do, I go for pastels.

9. What is your favourite food?
Samosas, tea, smoothies, and Greek yoghurt.

10. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
Britain/UK.  I have roots on my mom's side of the family there, and something about their culture and history really draws me in, probably because I'm a history major!

11. What is your favourite song right now? 
Bribry has a new EP out called 'Us' that is utter perfection, but in reality I just adore all of his music.  I've also been jamming out to 'The Promise' by Emma Blackery.

That was fun! Thanks for the nomination Jana!

I am going to nominate:

Chelsey 
Emma
Natasha
Rebecca

Don't forget to link me your posts so I can read them!

The Rules of the Game:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
2. Display the award on your blog.
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Nominate up to 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who are new bloggers and have less than 200 followers.
5. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
6. List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
7. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated them for the Liebster Award and provide a link to your post so that they can learn about this tag.

Here are my questions:
1) What is your favourite pallette and why?
2) If you could only save 1 item from your wardrobe in an emergency, which piece would it be?
3) What hair product is an essential for you?
4) Who are your fashion/beauty 'icons'?
5) Which store is your favourite to shop at for makeup and/or clothing?
6) Flats or heels?
7) What is your guilty pleasure?
8) First 3 things that come to your mind when I say "Summer"?
9) What or who was your motivation to start blogging?
10) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
11) Who is your favourite music artist/band?


Alright, hope you enjoyed this!

Until next time,
xoxo Laura

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nomination, I'm going to do this later on tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool post. I loved your answers. Hope it was fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete