Friday, 2 May 2014

April Favourites

Hello everyone, it's that time again!

April wasn't a huge month of discovery or anything beauty-wise.  I was extremely busy, and since I spent most of the month studying I didn't really care much about my appearance.  So there are less beauty products in here, and more life favourites.  Hope you enjoy anyway!

Food


I've been loving my morning smoothies lately.  I love that they taste so great, fill me up, and are so healthy! Added bonus: they're super easy to make, and you can mix it up daily with what you put in them!

Courtesy of Google Images
I'm also going to sing the praises of kale here for a minute.  I love this as an addition to my smoothies, and it's incredibly healthy for you.  When I add it to a smoothie, I can't taste it in the slightest which is good  because kale can be a bit bitter.  The worst it does is leave it looking a little green.  I always have so much energy after I drink a smoothie and it always leaves me full, and I think it's in part because of this leafy green.  If you want to see how I make my morning smoothies, click HERE for a recipe I posted.

Face & Body

I want to give a huge shoutout to my biggest face and body favourite this month, the Clinique Take The Day Off cleansing balm.  This stuff is fantastic, I did a review HERE if you want to click and check it out, I won't blather on too much for those of you who have already read it.  I just think this is fabulous, gets off all my makeup, and completely delivers on it's promises.  Way to go Clinique!

Also from Google, mine was looking a little grim.
As a bit of a weird/random favourite, I want to talk about the Colgate Optic White toothpaste.  I don't have really yellow teeth by any means, but they could do with a bit of whitening.  My problem is, my teeth are way too sensitive for bleach treatments.  I like this because it has a very small amount of hydrogen peroxide in it, small enough to not make my teeth hurt but enough to whiten them noticeably within a few days.  This tastes horrible and I'm not 100% sure if it's as effective as my normal toothpaste, so what I do is brush with this and then with a regular toothpaste.  For those of you who can't bleach like me, I recommend making this a routine if you want to whiten your teeth without pain.

Google Images
Now here is something I don't think I have ever blogged about before.  This is my favourite perfume, Pink by Lili Bermuda.  I got this on holiday a few summers ago when my mom, Nana, and aunt went to the island for a girl's trip.  It's the only perfume I can stand to wear for long periods of time, I definitely have fragrance sensitivities.  Since Nana passed, I've been wearing this a lot more because it has very happy memories attached to it.  It's a perfect spring scent too, which means I've been turning to this every other day or so to spritz before I go out.  This is mail-order only outside of Bermuda, so I'm sad to say that when this is done I won't be getting any more :(  But until then I will be using it and enjoying it!

Beauty


First, I want to talk about my favourite makeup brush this month.  It's the Real Techniques stippling brush and it is AMAZING.  I use this for everything, from foundation, to blush, and even for blending out my contouring.  I have zero complaints about this, it does an amazing job with whatever task you use it for.  I highly suggest buying one if you haven't already!


Next up is the L'Oreal True Match Super -blendable foundation.  I wear shade n2.  This is great, I bought it because Chelsey raves about it and because I needed a shade of foundation that actually matched my winter skin, I couldn't pretend with the other shades any more! I figured I would try something completely new and decided on this.  This is SPF17 which I like because heading into Spring I'm going to be spending a lot of time reading and playing my guitar on my deck so SPF is always appreciated.  This goes on so smoothly, blends incredibly, and gives a flawless finish.  I can't say enough nice things about this, I loves it!


My final beauty favourite is the Rimmel Kohl Kajal liner in Nude.  I have been using this with every single eye makeup look I've done this month and I love how effective it is at opening up my eyes and making me look more alert. A+ for this!

Life

If any of you follow me on Instagram, you will have seen my post-exams treat to myself.


This is my new lavender ukulele.  It was $30 at the Long and McQuade by my school and I am obsessed.  I love it.  I am able to play so many songs on this I can't play on guitar, and I love sitting out on my deck jamming away and singing to my heart's content.

That's all for April! For those of you looking for the results of my Bought It, Forgot It, I will be continuing the same products through May and doing a full review at the end of that month.  I just didn't have time in April to test them enough to do them justice!

Until next time,
xoxo Laura

1 comment:

  1. Yes! You hopped on the True Match Bandwagon :) It's the best!

    ReplyDelete