Thursday, 3 April 2014

Tutorial: Cute, Everyday Spring Makeup and Hair

Hello everybody!

Today I'm going to walk you through a tutorial on this easy Spring makeup look and accompanying hair! I love this, I think it looks really fresh and clean, perfect for the Spring months!  This also uses quite a few of my Bought It, Forgot It products for April.


To start off with on the face, I moisturized and then used the Hard Candy Sheer Envy skin perfecting primer.  This was the first time I had used this primer, so I can't comment on how good it is quite yet, I want to give it some more time.  It does make my makeup last longer, I'll say that!


I used my three favourite products at the moment.  I buffed the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation in with a Real Techniques stippling brush and then added the Covergirl Fresh Complexion concealer under my eyes.


Next, I used this bronzer from my Quo Treasurebox to lightly contour my cheeks with a Real Techniques contour brush, and used the stippling brush to take the above blush across my cheekbones.


I then powdered my makeup into place using the Maybelline Dream Matte powder, (which I heard is being discontinued unfortunately) and my Blue kabuki.


Moving onto the eyes, I first primed with the e.l.f. eyelid primer, and then used the light pink shade from my Quo Treasurebox palette all over the lid.  In the crease, I used the darkest, shimmery purple colour to add depth.


I then lined using the black Rimmel ScandalEyes liquid liner waterproof formula.  This stuff is amazing, it gives such a fine precise line! I didn't do a flick or wing, I just lined as close to the lashes as possible, getting slightly thicker near the outer corners.


For my lashes, I curled them first and then applied my Covergirl All-In-One professional mascara to the top and bottom lashes.


For the final step, I use my Rimmel by Kate Moss lipstick in shade 08 and the Bath & Body Works Mentha Lip Shimmer in Pearl Mint as a gloss over the top.


As for hair, after brushing it out I applied a smoothing serum.  The I took a small piece at the top of my part and braided it back 3/4 of the way down the strand.  I pinned it in place with a grip, and tucked it under the rest of my hair to conceal the pin.  I repeated this process on the other side of my head, and then set it using a little bit of hairspray.


So there you have it, the completed look! Hope you enjoyed it!
xoxo Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment