Friday, 7 March 2014

Product Empties!

Hello everyone!

Since starting my Bought It, Forgot It series, I have felt inspired to use up SO many of my products I have lying around! This is a great thing, since I rarely use up products, just buy more (it's a problem, I know).  Since I have been using things up, I thought I would do a little Empties post with mini reviews for you guys! Hope you enjoy!

Face and Body



First up is this Green Beaver Facial Exfoliant with bamboo micro-fibres, grapefruit and aloe.  This is actually my second tube of this, I've used it for quite a long time and really do like it.  It's certified organic and made in Canada, which are both bonuses for me.  The only thing I don't like is that it retails for $17 for a tube containing only 60 mL of product.  The product itself is nice and creamy, not too thick, and has teeny tiny particles to exfoliate your skin.  I don't like this if my skin is super dry and flaky, then I find the particles too small to be very effective.  That being said, I will probably repurchase this at some point in the future, just not right away.  I do recommend this, especially for those of you who have sensitive skin, or skin that doesn't get too dry and just needs a good scrub every once in awhile.  It is specifically designed to exfoliate sensitive or acne-prone skin.  You can buy it here from the Green Beaver website.


Next, I actually used up this little travel sized Amber Blush body wash from Bath & Body Works.  I enjoyed this, but I'm not sure if I would buy this scent again.  It was very strong.  That being said, the formulation is great, it lathers really well, and it definitely gets me clean.  These are usually on offer, 3 for $12 I think, and I have bought 2 different scents to try, so they're a complete bargain even if you aren't too keen on the scent.  If you do end up liking it, the full size still isn't that expensive, only about $12.50, and they're constantly on sale (they just had a buy 3 get 2 free sale not that long ago.)


Also for body, I finished up this Dove deodorant in the cucumber and green tea scent.  I honestly just buy whatever doedorant is on sale, so I'll buy this again but when it's at its cheapest.  The scent is great, the power is amazing, but one pet peeve I have is that this formula ALWAYS seems to smash! Don't travel with it, you'll regret it.  That actually happened to this one, it broke, I didn't actually use it all up (although I was super close, so it still counts!)


My final face and body product is my Prairie Naturals Northern Lights shampoo and conditioner (I threw out the one bottle before I did this post, so no picture!)  I love this brand, I've been using it non-stop for over a year, maybe even two (I'm bad with time).  I switch up which line I use periodically.  I've used the Northern Lights line which is the moisture fortifying formula, but when my hair isn't really dry or damaged I like to use the Wild Rose formula which is moisture balancing.  Recently I started using the Arctic Sun line which is hypoallergenic, and I think it might be my favourite so far.  Great price, great product, and Canadian made which is a huge bonus for me! Highly recommend.

Cosmetics



First up is this Lancome Hypnose mascara.  Now, I didn't technically use this up, it dried out, but I am still going to count it.  This is the mascara I put in my February Bought It, Forgot It and I did get a few uses out of it before I couldn't use it anymore.  I've raved about the Hypnose line for ages, you all know how great I think it is at this point.  Just go buy it.


Next is the Covergirl Perfect Point Plus eyeliner in black.  I've had this product for ages, probably too long.  I do love it though.  It makes the perfect thin line right up against your lashes, and I highly recommend it, especially if you don't like liquid or gel liners, because this gives the same effect.  This also lasts really long on the waterline which is great!


My final cosmetics empty is my Lancome Bi-Facil eye makeup remover.  I adore this stuff.  It is amazing at getting off your makeup and doesn't leave your eye area too greasy or too dry.  The one thing that does annoy me is that the packaging seems to leak, so I try not to travel with this because it's too expensive to waste!  I do highly recommend this to anyone in need of a good eye makeup remover.

Food



I wanted to include a food empty, just because I really liked it and think it's great.  It's the Belvida breakfast bars.  I personally like the Soft Baked ones, particularly the cranberry orange and the banana oatmeal chocolate chip.  I love these things, they're more filling than a granola bar and perfect for grabbing as I roll out of bed on my way to class.  They're also healthy, not packed with calories and fat and sugars, so I feel good about eating them for breakfast.  If you aren't a morning person, are constantly running late, or just don't normally like a big breakfast (all of which apply to me) I highly recommend you pick these up.  Breakfast is the most important meal of the day after all!

That's all for now, I hope you enjoyed.  If you haven't already, I'd appreciate it so much if you clicked here and liked my blog page on Facebook!  Hope you are all having lovely days!
xoxo Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment