Saturday, 22 March 2014

HUGE Spring Haul Part 1: Fashion

Hello everyone!

I have bought a ton of stuff in the last few weeks/months for Spring and I can't wait to share them with you!  Originally this post included clothing, accessories, and cosmetics, but I decided to break it into 3 parts and post on consecutive days instead because otherwise it would be just too long!  My wardrobe needed a bit of an overhaul since I haven't bought new Spring clothes in probably about 3 years, so without further ado, let's jump right in!

Fashion

I bought a ton of new clothes, and I'm extremely excited to wear everything out and about.

First up are the things I bought in Ottawa on Reading Week.  I didn't do a ton of shopping since I'm on a student budget, but I did buy a few new bits and pieces.


First up is this LBD from Winners.  I was so on the fence about this, and was going to buy a skirt instead, but at the very last minute put the skirt away and bought this instead.  I am so glad that I did! I wore this when the girls and I went out and it was so comfortable, not too hot, and fit perfectly.  With tights and a pair of sky-high black pumps, it looked nice and classy, but I plan on dressing it down throughout spring and summer with a pair of black low-tops and a flowered headband or belt.


I also bought this fabulous top at the Bluenotes in the Rideau Centre.  Peplum tops really flatter my body and this is the third one I own.  The best part was it was it was under $7!!!  A lot of my wardrobe is black and white, so this wasn't very different, but it looks really nice with jeans and again is something I could dress up or down.
Photo from the store's Facebook page!
When I got home, I did a little bit of shopping with my mom and Aunt and bought 2 beautiful dresses for when the weather starts to get nicer.  I own next to no dresses or skirts, but I think I'm set now!  The owner of the store took these pictures and put them on the store's Facebook page which is cool! What I love about these dresses is the length, they are just right for me because I really don't like my legs and I wouldn't wear tights with these.  Since they hit at the knee, I don't have to feel self conscious! I also really like where the waist hits, it's extremely flattering on me.


Next up is this cardigan my mom bought for me from Joe Fresh.  This is super cute to throw over a tank top in the spring when it's not quite warm enough to have bare shoulders.  It has 3/4 length sleeves, and hits just at the waist of your pants.  I've worn this a few times already and I really like it.


Then last weekend, my mom and brother came down and I went crazy at the mall.  I bought these black and white graphic shorts at Winners for $17.  They're really comfy, super soft, and very flowy.  I have never owned shorts like this and I am in love!


I also bought this pj set at Target.  The shirt was $10 and the shorts were $13, which might be a little pricey for just pjs, but I know I can wear the shirt during the day too.  My friend Nate says that I can wear the shorts in the summer too, so I guess this whole outfit is multi-purpose!  The shirt is just a plain mint racerback tank, very lightweight, and the shorts are a light grey with little white flowers on.

Sorry that this is a little blurry!
My final clothing purchase was this amazing shirt from Bluenotes.  I saw this last weekend when I was shopping, and decided I would come back later to buy it.  I thought about it all week and, as you can tell, I did go get it.  It's a guy's shirt, but because it's a baseball tee style it doeszn't matter.  It is so soft, and so comfy, and it was only $10.  My friend Laura said when I bought it that it is very 'me' which is so true, this is exactly my style!

That's all for my new clothing purchases, come back tomorrow for Part 2: Accessories!

Before I go I do want to tell you all that I now have a Facebook page for my blog, it would mean so much to me if you went and hit like! Click the link here :)

There we go! I know that wasn't much but I though a haul post was long overdue! Have a great day everyone! <3
xoxo Laura

2 comments:

  1. I love all 3 dress on here! We need to go shopping together sometime and update my wardrobe! I can't remember the last time I updated my Spring closet :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. The LBD looks lovely. Enjoyed reading. Stephen :o)

    www.beautykinguk.co.uk

    ReplyDelete