Monday, 3 March 2014

February B.I.F.I. Products Review and New Products for March!

This month my Bought It, Forgot It products were a little disappointing.  I'll just jump right in with what I thought of them.



1) Physician's Formula Pressed Powder

First up is the Physician's Formula powder.  I do really like this.  I did a lot of going back and forth from school to home, and I went to Ottawa for Reading Week, so this didn't get used up simply because it wasn't very travel-worthy.  The product itself is great though, and I like that it can be used on its own on days when you don't need the coverage of foundation.  However, for the $20 price tag, I have other powders I like better for wearing over foundation to mattify it.

2) Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush

This blush is never going to get used.  I can't stand it.  I don't like to bash products, and I'm sure some people love it, but I will never buy another one.  I don't like the formulation at all, I find it impossible to blend with very little pigmentation, and it dries chalky.  This product is not for me, and as a result was barely used this month and will probably dry up before it is used up.

3) Lancome Hypnose Mascara

I actually did use this product and loved it.  I love the Hypnose mascaras anyways!  This actually dried up about halfway through the month, but that's alright, it was getting a little old anyways.  Adored it.  Always have always will.  I really recommend this product!

4) Hard Candy Green With Envy Palette

This product isn't the worst thing I've ever used, but I can't say I'm a huge fan.  The pigmentation is good in some of the colours, not so much in others.  The same goes for blending, some blend really well and others don't.  I did find that these made my eyes hurt which is probably a bad thing.  I did like this better in combination with other shadows, for example, blended into the crease with a base of MAC All That Glitters.  These are a little chalky, so I would recommend doing your eyes before your face makeup because there is a lot of fall down and always using an eye primer.  That being said, the whole palette was really cheap and for the price it is about what can be expected (I know it was under $10, possibly closer to $5...)

New Products For March
I'm going to stick to 4 products again this month, I feel like it's a great number of products to consistently use, not too few and not too many.


I have 2 products from the Joe Fresh makeup line this month.  The first is this eye shadow quad in Modern Smoky Eye.  I bought this near the end of the summer and it's barely been touched.  The colours are really nice and the photo is actually very true to colour, so hopefully I get some more use out of this in March.


The second product is the Sheer Lip Crayon in Berry.  I have 2 of these, I used to be completely obsessed and them as I got more into makeup I started to pass it up for other products and accidentally forgot about it!  This is actually a really good colour for everyday, so I'm going to put it to good use!


My third product for March is the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 30 Pomegranate Punk.  I bought this because Chelsey blogged about it and I thought the colour was really pretty, but it's gone almost untouched.


My fourth and final product is another one that I have doubles of.  It's the GOSH eyeliner in Golden Moss and I, again, used to be obsessed with this until I started to discover other products and it fell by the wayside.  I used this a couple times at the very end of February and decided I needed to let it come back into my makeup routine, so that's what I'm going to aim to do!

That's all for now, come back in a few days for a haul post and maybe even a few others!  If you liked this post or my blog in general, please go like my Facebook page over here.  It would mean the world to me!
xoxo Laura

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tag! Try the Pomegranate Punk with chocolate brown for a deeper look or champagne type colours to sheer it out a bit. The champagne makes it look pinker and less red. Even gold would work I think.

    ReplyDelete