Thursday, 16 January 2014

Recipe: Quinoa Chili

Hey everyone!

The other day I made this quinoa chili and it was amazing! I thought it might make a nice little how-to for you guys, especially for those of you who are vegetarian or have vegetarian roommates.  I made this for a potluck with my girls and one, her name is Laura too, is a vegetarian so I wanted to make something she could have but that wouldn't break the bank.

This was really easy and wasn't expensive at all.

Ingredients:
1 green bell pepper
1 small yellow onion
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1-2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp EACH chili flakes, oregano, and basil
360 ml can beans in tomato sauce (I used Heinz)
540 ml can EACH red kidney beans and black beans
796 ml can diced tomatoes
water
1 and 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa





Then serve! Once it is cooked, I recommend that you check the flavour.  If you want it spicier add another tablespoon of chili powder (I did this but I quite like spice).  This is also really good if you add 1 cup of frozen corn when you add the beans and tomatoes.  This recipe can be eaten right away or it can be portioned out and frozen, which is what I did with the extra.  This way, you have some for a day when you don't feel like cooking!

I hope you enjoyed this, let me know if you made it! Take a picture and put it on Instagram and tag me, @thatsme_lauravz.  I would love to see how it turns out for you! I'm also very sorry for not including a finished picture, like I said, I was making this for a party and had to run off as soon as it was finished!
xoxo Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment