Monday, 27 January 2014

January Favourites

Hey everyone!

It's time for another favourites post! I'm sorry that these are inconsistent, but I don't try out a ton of new products each month so I prefer to spread them out and do one when I actually have a few things for you.

This month I have a few stand-outs and I can't wait to share them with you! I hope you enjoy, and I really do highly recommend these for you all to try out.


First up is the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation.  I put this in my Bought It, Forgot It post and it was truly the best of the bunch.  I adore this! The coverage and formulation is really nice, and I felt it lasted a long time on my face which is really important.  It also didn't dry out my skin which is a huge bonus.


Speaking of dry skin, I have discovered a product that has literally changed my skincare routine forever.  It's the derma e Soothing Moisturizing Creme, which I did a First Impression post on earlier in the month (see it here).  I have never had my skin look and feel so amazing in my life.  I have actually changed my skincare routine entirely this month, and it seems to be working wonders for me.  Other than when my skin was getting used to the product, I have had no breakouts and my skin feels so soft even in this harsh winter.  I wear this under makeup and if anything it makes my makeup last longer, rather than causing it to slip off.  I cannot rate this high enough, if you can find it go buy it! (I saw it at Zehrs just recently so if you shop there, it's in the Health Food-type section)

Another product that has revitalized my face is this Pond's Cold Cream.  I love this stuff, even though it seems like a strange product.  To use it, you lather it on your face like a cleanser, and then wash it off with warm water.  It has the consistency of a really thick cream, and is a little bit greasy, especially when you're rubbing it all over your face.  But what I find is that it thoroughly cleanses my skin without drying it out.  I get really bad dry skin in the colder months anyways, and by cleansing my face with this, followed with
my derma e moisturizer, I haven't had dry skin at all this month.  I do only use this at night and not under makeup, just because it is a greasy formula and I don't want my face looking slick throughout the day.  This is super cheap, only about $6 and you can buy it almost anywhere.


Another product I have really been turning to a lot this month is this mousse.  I love this, it smells like green apples and gives me an amazing curl without frizz or crunchiness.  I have no idea where to buy it or how much it is, but I highly recommend you get it, especially if you have naturally unruly hair like me!  I pop a palmful of this into towel dried hair and let it air dry, and it looks amazing, here's a picture:


This stuff has amazing hold and my hair always looks amazing when I use it.  I think it also might be making my hair a little healthier too, I haven't switched anything in my hair care routine except this and yet my hair  is much softer and healthier.  I don't know for sure, but I do know I want to get my hands on more of this when I run out!


My final January favourite is this hat! I love this hat, it's probably the most loved thing I own. I bought it at Ardene's and I wear it almost every day. It's super cute and fun, and matches outfits and coats galore.  I was actually in a store with my mom one day and not only did the owner say she liked my hat, but a group of women who came in about five minutes later spent time telling me how much THEY loved my hat!  I just love this, it's very me, and I think it makes the statement that no matter how silly other people (i.e. my mom) think something looks, it's what you think that really matters!

That's all for my january Favourites, comment below with the products you have been loving this month, and look out for my Bought It, Forgot It review coming up in a few days! Bye!
xoxo Laura.

3 comments:

  1. You are amazing, I love your entire blog my goodness :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving Simple Skincare this month. Cheap and doesn't irritate my skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this post :)
    And I really want this hat!!

    I'm currently loving the Body Shop's Vitamin E cream!

    ReplyDelete