Monday, 2 December 2013

November Favourites

Hey everyone!

So, it's that time of the month again! Time for my November favourites!

This month I haven't really changed too much in my life, but I haven't done a favourites post in awhile so most, if not everything, that I talk about will be new from the last favourites post.  Leave a comment to tell me what you've been loving this month and if you use any of these products too!

Maybelline Babylips
I am completely in love with these, I've raved about them before but they deserve another mention. I only bought my first one about a month ago, and I've used it up!  My ultimate favourite is the 10 Peppermint, it's tasty, smells amazing, and moisturizes like a dream.  I stopped using it and then the weather got colder, so my lips got super chapped and painful.  This product fixed that in two days flat. I especially love that this does exactly what it promises to in all the advertisements. 

Real Techniques Brushes
I haven't talked about these yet, mostly because I'm planning a full review, but since I haven't used another brush this month they deserved to be in my monthly favourites.  These brushes are made of hand-cut synthetic bristles that are SO soft, unlike a lot of synthetic brushes.  They don't shed on your face when you're applying makeup, and they are amazing for applying product.  The eye makeup brushes blend the product amazingly, the foundation brushes buff it into the skin flawlessly, and in the end I always have a flawless-looking face.  The best part is, they're super affordable.  I have the face kit and the eye kit, both of which were under $20.  They are absolutely fantastic, I highly recommend you buy them

Weleda Iris Hydrating Facial Lotion
This is one of the only high-end products I have ever purchased, but it is so worth it.  Weleda is an amazing brand and they make products for every age group.  I have been loving the Iris Hydrating Facial Lotion which is for women in their 20s.  It does an amazing job of hydrating my skin and leaving it super soft, whil not blocking my pores.  There are several other lines of face creams, my mom uses the Pomegranate line which is for mature skin and she loves it.  For the winter, I'm bumping up to the day cream which is a little bit thicker, but for most seasons the lotion is just fine.  They also make an Iris night cream.

MAC All That Glitters
I recently went on my first MAC trip ever and I bought two eye shadows, this being one of them.  I love this on a daily basis.  It looks great on its own or as a base blended with another colour.  It's a soft neutral with shimmer, so it makes my eyes look more awake and wider without looking like I'm wearing too much makeup.  The pigmentation is fantastic and the formulation is super soft.  I've been wearing this a lot on its own paired with a black winged-out eye.  

St. Ives Exfoliating Apricot Scrub
I normally have pretty good skin, but with the weather getting colder I've been getting dry and flaky.  In order to take off the dead skin, I went out and bought an exfoliant that was cheap.  Turns out, it's an amazing product!

Gold Band
My final favourite is a little sentimental.  It's my Nana's wedding band.  I never really talked about this on my blog or twitter, but she passed away in the middle of the month, and my Mom and Aunt decided I should have her wedding band.  It means more to me than anything else I own, and I will treasure it forever.  My Nana was my best friend, I loved her more than anything.  It's nice to have that little piece of her with me wherever I go.

There are my November favourites! I hope you enjoyed them, I love you all and I hope you have an awesome December! I'll be back with more posts later!

XOXO Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment