Thursday, 5 December 2013

Holiday Drinks and Treats

It's that time of the year again!

I love winter, although only for the holiday/winter drinks and food.  Everything gets warmer, spiced, and flavourful. Starbucks comes out with its holiday drinks, Tim's comes out with holiday food, and I bust out my stretchy-waist jeans!

Here are a few of my all-time favourite winter specials!

Starbucks
In winter, Starbucks comes out with some delicious treats.  My personal favourite drink is the Gingerbread Latte.  It's that perfect balance of sweetness and spice, and it smells amazing.  They pile it high with whipped cream (the real stuff, not edible oil product!) and drizzle on a sticky layer of molasses.  Yum!

The perfect pairing with this drink is a Cranberry Bliss bar.  This little treat has a bottom layer of blondie cake, coated in cream cheese frosting, and topped with cranberries and drizzled with white chocolate.  Very decadent, but so worth it!

Second Cup
I had honestly never been to a Second Cup until I came to Uni, where we have one right one campus.  But now I am hooked. They have a ton of holiday drinks, but the one that stands out for me is the S'mores Hot Chocolate.  When I first tried it, I expected it to taste fake, but it tastes EXACTLY like s'mores (minus the burnt taste, if you make them like I do).  I have gone back at least a dozen times before class to grab one to kick start my brain.  I highly recommend you all to try this if you can, it's amazing!

Tim Horton's
I recognize that this isn't really fair to anyone outside of Canada, but since my audience is mostly Canadian I feel compelled to include it.

Timmie's puts out some good winter drinks, but I'm not really a fan.  They have a new Gingerbread White Hot Chocolate I might try this year though.

What really stands out in winter at Tim Horton's is the treats.  The Ginger Molasses cookies are a personal favourite, and have been so successful that they have been put out all year.   I also really like the Gingerbread muffin which has cranberries in it as well.  But the best one, by far, is the Gingerbread Glazed donut.  I can't even explain to you all how delicious this is.  Just go get one!

As you probably noticed, there is a a recurring theme here: gingerbread! To me, gingerbread screams "HOLIDAYS!" and it's also one of my favourite treats.  

I hope this post helped you get into the Christmas spirit, and maybe made you want to try out some of these drinks and treats.  Leave a comment below with what your favourite part of the holiday/winter season is!

1 comment:

  1. Twitter sent me :)
    And even though it is 10:30pm, I now want Timmies!

    ReplyDelete