Sunday, 8 December 2013

I Heart Drugstore Makeup TAG

Hey everybody!

Here's another little tag post so you can get to know some more about me and my favourite things! Hope you enjoy it!

1. What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand?

Anyone who knows me or who has read this blog for awhile knows the brands I love the most are Maybelline and Rimmel.  About 50% of my makeup is from Maybelline because I think it is such a good quality for what you pay.  Rimmel is also fantastic, I like the Rimmel foundations better than I do the Maybelline ones.  I also really like both brands lipsticks, in particular the Coloursensational by Maybelline and the Kate Moss collection from Rimmel.

2. What are your favorite face, cheek and lip products?

My favourite face product is actually an exfoliating cleanser from St. Ives.  It's the Apricot scrub, and it is amazing.  it does an excellent job of scrubbing off makeup and dry skin, and it smells good too! 

My favourite cheek product is the Wet n Wild blushers.  They are so incredibly pigmented and look amazing on the skin! I own one and keep forgetting to go back and buy the other shades.

My favourite lip product is the Maybelline Babylips (is anyone surprised by this?)  They do an amazing job of keeping my lips hydrated and healing them when they are cracked.  They do what they say and more.  I will say, I think the Mint flavour is more effective than the others. The ones with shimmer in them (Peach Kiss) and the bright neon shades I don't find to be as good as the Mint or Cherry flavours.

3. Least favorite product?

There are always hits and misses, no matter where you shop.  For drugstore products, I find that no brand is flawless with everything.  One brand I do find misses the mark quite a bit is Hard Candy.  I really don't like their eye shadows, especially the singles.  I find them dry and powdery and almost rough in texture.  I have a palette that isn't too bad, although the colour payoff is quite different from how it looks in the pan.  But yeah, the Hard Candy eyeshadows are a definite miss for me.

4. What is the best makeup bargain?

The best makeup bargain is definitely the Wet n Wild blushes.  I can't quite remember the price, but I know they're under $3 and for the pigmentation you can't get a better deal than that.  They are truly an amazing product.

5. What is your favorite underdog product? (Something you love that often gets overlooked?)

This is a tough one, because I tend to buy products I have heard people rave about because then I tend not to waste my money on products I don't end up liking.  I think that my underdog product would be the Sally Hansen Xtreme wear nail polishes.  They're only $2.50, but they are really nice and decent quality.  I only wear nail polish for a couple of days before I get bored of it, so it's nice to get a product that lasts for that long, but I'm not wasting it by taking it off after less than 48 hours.

6. A drugstore product that is overpriced?
I feel like a lot of Covergirl products are too expensive for what you pay for them.  For example, the Covergirl lipperfection lipstick cost me over $10 and the product was terrible, I used it maybe twice before giving up and throwing it out.  Covergirl does have some good products, but most of them aren't that great, and I feel like they charge too much for a mediocre product.

Another really expensive brand is GOSH and while I love their products, they are overpriced.  I paid $16 for a concealer and it only had enough product in it for about five uses.  Not worth it.


7. Show your best drugstore dupe(s)!!

I would say Maybelline the Falsies could rival any high-end mascara (YSL I'm looking at you).  In particular, the Volume Express Falsies Big Eyes (with the two brushes, one for top lashes and one for bottom lashes) is amazing, I have never found a better mascara.  I like it better than my Lancome Hypnose Mascara!

8. Drugstore product that isn't worth the hype?
A lot of people rave about to EOS lipbalms, and i don't think they're worth the price.  I do have four of them, I went through my phase, but I just don't find they moisturize very well.  They coat your lips in a waxy formula which seal in moisture, but ti doesn't add any.  I don't like the price tag on them either, In some places they charge upwards of $4.99.  I can buy a Babylips for the same price or less and it does a better job.  Even Burt's Bees doesn't charge that much!

That's all for this tag! Leave some recommendations for me down below, I love trying new products and am curious as to what your favourites are!

No comments:

Post a Comment