Saturday, 23 November 2013

The Shopaholic Tag

Hello everyone! I hope you're all having a great day!

Lately I've been exploring YouTube and blogs around the internet to find some inspiration, and among the millions of tags I have found a few I would like to participate in. So, inspired by THIS video, I have decided to do the Shopaholic Tag!  
Thank you weheartit.com for the pic <3


THE QUESTIONS:


1. Would you consider yourself a shopaholic?

Well, I do love to shop so yes, I would consider myself a shopaholic.  On the upside, I can curb my urge to shop so I don't blow all of my money! But I am a sucker for a good deal.

2. How would you classify your style?

It changes every day.  Some days I go very girl-next-door, other days very preppy.  I've been leaning more towards hipster lately though, with a little bit of grunge.  Mostly though it's tired university student haha!

3. What store can you not leave without buying at least one thing?

Shopper's Drugmart or Wal-mart, just because all of the cosmetics call my name!  Wal-Mart is the worst, I usually walk out with at least one thing I didn't intentionally go in for.  Another bad one is Ardene's, they have great accessories for the cheapest prices.

4. Where do you find the best deals?

Wal-Mart is for sure the best place ot get deals on cosmetics every day.  Target is good too.  For shoes Payless is a really good place to find deals, and for accessories Ardene's is the best.  For clothes I really like Winners, especially the one near me, because it carries a decent amount of high-end brands at really god prices.

5. What designer are you willing to splurge for?

My favourites are Buffalo, Yumi, Silver, Pink Martini and Guess.  I splurged this summer on a lace bomber jacket from Guess adn while it was pricey it's eprfect for spring, summer and fall so it was worth the money.  I always buy Silver jeans because, let's face it, they make my butt look better than any other pairs of pants I've bought.  And the other three are just amazing brands with amazing clothes.  I am a firm believer in quality over quantity, and I save up to buy higher-end clothes that will last longer, rather than buy a ton of things that won't last more than a few washes.

6. Do you have a "go to" shopping outfit?

No,I don't.  If I knwo I'm going shopping I usually wear jeans and a t-shirt or sweater, something that's easy to take on and off.  I also don't wear much makeup, so I don't get it in my clothes or the ones I'm trying on.  And comfy shoes are a must!  Other than that, I just try to bring a purse big enough to not forget in change rooms!

7. What is your guilty pleasure? (Aside from make up)

Candles.  I love lighting a candle when I'm studying to help me focus, or when I'm cleaning to freshen up my room, or before bed to relax me.  I honestly have a dozen different candles that I light depending on my mood.

8. What is one staple clothing piece you cannot live without?

I'm not sure if this is specific or general, but either way my answer is the same: dark skinny jeans! Ones that aren't too tight, but nice and slim.  They make me look less wide in the hips and longer in the leg, I love them and own about three pairs so I never have to go a day without them!

9. What is a trend you hope never goes out of style?

I guess I would say wearing beanies.  I love wearing a beanie, I have one that looks like a cat and it's probably my favourite thing to wear.  I also don't look bad in hats, and sometimes they just complete an outfit.  The other would be big comfy sweater, if that trend never dies I will be happy as a clam.

10. What trend did you love that passed way to quickly?

Long necklaces! That trend lasted about four months when I was in high school and then all of a sudden disappeared! I loved that trend! (Although it should be noted that I still wear mine, regardless of whether it's'in' or not! If you love it, wear it!)

11. Who is your fashion icon?

I think someone whose fashion I admire would have to be Tanya Burr or Zoe Sugg (or both.  Let's go with both!)  They both have amazing style, which I am incredibly envious of, and they are magicians with makeup! They are also two major inspirations for me starting this blog!  I tend not to look up to celebrities, because they are so fake and unrelateable, but Tanya and Zoe are YouTubers, which makes them more like a friend.

Well, that's it for me! Leave comments below and tell me about your shopaholic tendencies!  And don't forget to click the subscribe button on the right, I can see you all lurking, you know you want to ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment