Friday, 8 November 2013

TAG- How Much Is Your Face Worth?

Hello, hello!

I was over reading Louise's blog posts from waaaaay back when I came across  the How Much Is Your Face Worth tag.  I thought this would be pretty cool (and possibly shocking and horrifying) so I thought, why not give it a go?

Me!
Also me... being weird...
On my face: 
Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation- $12
GOSH Concealer- $16
Maybelline Dream Matte powder- $8
Maybelline Fit Me blush- $8

Eyes and Brows:
Annabelle brow/eye pencil- $5
GOSH Eyeshadow Base- $16 (this is discontinued and I've had it for years so I'm not sure how accurate this price is, sorry!)
Covergirl Eyeshadow Trio- $8
Maybelline EyeStudio Gel liner- $10
Covergirl mascara- $8

Lips:
Maybelline ColourSensational lipstick- $8
Bath & Bodyworks Mentha Lip Tint- $8

*A few of these figures are guesses from what I remember paying but most I looked up*

Total: $107

Whoa! That's crazy! I was not expecting that!

I buy most of my products from Wal-Mart so this figure is much lower than if I bought it at somewhere like Shopper's Drugmart but it's still so high! And not all of these prices include tax either...  The next experiment is going to be to see how much my makeup collection is worth! *shudders*.

This isn't even all of the products I usually use.  On a normal day I'd have a softer lip (with the same, if not more, product) and a bolder eye with more colour.  I'm also not wearing any bronzer here or lipliner and I didn't count moisturizer that I have underneath or brushes!

I guess this goes to show the "price" of "beauty".  Whoa, just got deep.  I'll go now before things get too worldly for either of us.

Do this for yourself with your usual makeup routine and tell me in the comments how much it came to.  Also, note the new email in my description AND the fancy-pants follow button *oohs and ahhs*.  If you need to contact me for anything, feel free to use the email address and don't forget to clicky click to subscribe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment