Thursday, 10 October 2013

5 Beauty Must-Haves: Autumn

With the changing of the seasons, I find my makeup routine changes accordingly.  Here are my 5 beauty must-haves for fall.

1) Brown Eyeliner- Autumn for me is a seasons of neutrals, especially brown and gold tones.  I'm not much of a black eyeliner girl, but I do enjoy experimenting with colour.  In the fall though, I bring out the brown and wear it nearly every day.  Currently I use Annabelle Smoothliner in Brownie, it's a fantastic shade.

2) Neutral Pallette- As I said, I live for neutrals in fall.  In my pallette I like to use both matte and shimmery shades, depending on my mood and the weather.  I always layer a light shade on my lid with a slightly darker colour through the socket, and if I'm going out I'll put a very dark brown in just the outer corner of my eye.  I am currently using the Covergirl Shimmering Sands 110 trio.

3) Light Foundation- A light coverage foundation for me gives me a fresh-skin look without being too heavy.  I never want to look like I have makeup caked on my face, especially in autumn when I tend to go for simple, clean looks.  My favourites at the moment are the GOSH Natural Touch foundation and the Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse, both of which I buff into my skin at application with a Real Techniques Expert Face brush.  With a layer of light powder buffed in, your skin looks natural but redness and blemishes are toned down, making you look fresh-faced instead of completely made up.

4) Dark Blush- In the spring and summer, I have natural colour in my cheeks, but in Autumn I tend to be paler and from time to time washed out.  I use a darker blush in autumn and winter to give a healthy flush.  Applied on just the apples of my cheecks and blended upwards slightly, it gives a natural look, aided by the fact that I tend to use shades without shimmer in the Autumn months.  Right now my favourite is the Maybelline Fit Me blush in Deep Rose.

5) Berry Lipstick- I have a fabulous deep purple lipstick and I wear it throughout the autumn season.  It's a little more unexpected than red and provides a pop of colour.  In spring and summer I play up the eyes more, but in fall and winter I definitely make my lip the statement portion of my makeup.  Currently I use the Maybelline Colour Sensational lipcolour in 410 Blissful Berry.

So there are my 5 must-have for fall! What are yours? Leave a comment below with the products you can't live without in the autumn months!

No comments:

Post a Comment