Friday, 27 September 2013

Birthday and Presents Haul!

My 18th birthday just passed and I wanted to share some fun things I recieved with you guys!

I'll start with my immediate family.  My borther, bless his heart, allowed my mother to drag him into my favourite bath and body store of all time (Lush, in case you missed that in previous posts) and bought me the best present.



He got me a Comforter and a Pop in the Bath bubble bar and a chunk of Bohemian soap.  Seriously, this kid is lovely.  I've already cut off a chunk from the Comforter and had a bubble bath after a stressful day of being in university.

From my parents I recieved not only a higher education but a few bit and pieces of clothing.




At  the bottom there are hair elastics from Sephora.  They are completely seamless so nothing gets caught in your hair which I get a lot.  They stretch quite a bit too which is both good and bad.  I do really like them but I'm not sure if I'm completely sold, they're quite expensive and I'm not sure if I can't just live with getting my hair caught occassionally.  But very much appreciated regardless.

I've also got a new pair of Silver jeans, flannel pajamas (from Giant Tiger! Yay bargain!) and a fall jacket that I desperately needed (it was also a bargain from Walmart!).  Yes, I was present to buy some of these things, my mom just saved them.

My grandma and grandpa bought me a printer for school which I desperately needed, but the best part was that even though I didn't get anything on the day of my birthday (which really didn't matter to me), my grandma sent me a card in the mail! That was a nice surprise!

My nana and papa collaborated on a gift with my Aunt and Uncle and bought me Roots wear.  I'd never owned anything from Roots before so it was quite exciting, and I must say, I am addicted now.  I got sweats, a tank top, and sweater, and two pairs of socks and they are my favourite clothing right now.

Last of all is my present from my lovely boyfriend.  He came down to visit me and we had dinner, which was present enough, but he also bought me some lovely candles from Bath and Bodyworks.

Mini Leaves and pedastal stand, 3-wick Farmstand Apple, Mini Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin, 3-wick Blackberry Spice
As I said, he also took me to the campus pub for dinner, so I thought I'd share the picture from that.


Photobombing server is named Mike by the way.  He is hilarious.  A few nights later when I went out for birthday there with my family, he sang Happy Birthday by himself (that is, until the whole restaurant joined in).  I was not impressed at being the center of attention but the brownie he brought me was pretty delicious!

My lovely floormates and I also went out to Menchies for frozen yogurt.  It was pretty tasty.


All in all an extremely lovely birthday!  I bought a scratch ticket that day too but didn't win anything.  Boo. :(

Hope everyone is having a lovely week! xoxo Laura

*Extra note: I came home yesterday (a few days after my birthday) and nearly concussed myself on a present my roomate bought me.  She got me a candle from Bath & Bodyworks I had mentioned I wanted.  Isn't she lovely?

No comments:

Post a Comment