Friday, 30 August 2013

Good Deeds

Sorry for the lack of a proper post the last few days, things have been super busy.  I went to a concert (post to come on that) and have been working and PACKING!  My days are consumed with packing and stress.

But I heard a really cute story about good deeds tonight, and I thought I would share with you.  Keep up everyone's faith in the human race.

A couple months ago, my manager, Mo, was working when she was handed a grocery bag that a customer had left behind.  She didn't look in the bag, just set it asie, assuming whoever owned it would come and pick it up. 

By the end of the night, the bag was still there, so Mo looked inside to see if there was anything of vital importance.

Inside the bag there were six passports, six health cards, and two driver's licenses.

Mo called the police and handed the bag to them so that the owner could get them back.  Later, a woman got in contact with Mo to thank her for finding the bag; the woman nver realized she had forgotten it.

The owner insisted on giving Mo something as a thank you, offering to donate money to any staff events we might have. But Mo refused.  She said it was part of her job, and she was just glad the woman got it back. There was no need for compensation.

A month later, the woman showed up and asked my co-worker to speak to Mo.  She tried to hand her a folded bill, but Mo again refused, saying it was part of her job. The woman was genuinely grateful though, and Mo said if she felt as though she needed to pay it back, she should put the money in the charity box that my restaurant has for our corporation's charity.  The woman agreed, and put the money in the slot.

It wasn't until later that we realized, the woman had donated $100 to our charity.  She was a genuinely nice and grateful woman, and what she did was amazing.  As a restaurant, we are grateful for her donation.  But as an individual, she has restored my faith in the human race.  There are genuinely nice people out there and I am blessed to have seen one such person in action.

So that's my story of the day for you.  I hope you enjoyed that as much as I did.  If you have any stories like that, please leave a comment below telling me <3

No comments:

Post a Comment