Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Lush-ious Lip Scrub DIY

I don’t know about you, but I LOVE to wear lipstick. If I had to choose two makeup products I would choose mascara and lipstick. But I do find that my lips dry out really easily, especially wearing as much lipstick as I do. Even worse, I often find that the pigment won’t come off my dry lips and lasts into the next day or longer.
I have seen lip scrubs before at my favourite store (Lush, if you’re wondering). Unfortunately, I can’t justify dropping $10 on a teeny tiny pot of the sweet stuff, no matter how cute it may be.
image
Thus, I decided to make my own!
image
It’s less fancy looking, but tastes just as good (and works too).
It’s super easy to make as well.
Ingredients:
1/2 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp liquid honey
I’m serious. That’s it. Just mix the two together in a resealable container and you’re set. I used a mason jar, but anything with an airtight lid will work just fine.
This is what the finished product will look like:
image
To use it, just apply a small amount to your lips with your finger and let it sit for a few seconds. Then scrub in a circular motion or rub your lips together for another minute to slough off all the dead skin cells that are keeping your lips from being perfectly smooth. Rinse (or lick) it off, and finish with a balm. I use pure beeswax from an apiarist (beekeeper) who lives near me.
image
The trick in this is that the honey moisturizes while the sugar exfoliates. Now, I originally made a HUGE pot of the stuff, and found it to be completely useless once the sugar dissolved.  So make a small amount and try to use it quickly, within a day or two.  

I really do highly recommend this lip scrub to anyone and everyone, it is truly fantastic.

Rating: 8/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment